I didn't get nearly as much done today as I would have liked. This morning I went and bought some stock aluminium round and a parting blade holder. Alot of the day was taken up with taking a friend to the airport and a engineers Australia presentation this evening. I started to make another combustion chamber this evening but I managed to get a drill bit broken off inside the workpiece ruining the last two hours of work. I might try to salvage it tomorrow but it seems like its slightly eccentric and doesn't spin true.
I changed the design of the combustion chamber to include a flange where the injector bolts to the engine. previously there were only a few cm's of material where the thread of the bolt met the chamber, which I was worried about failing. I cant really be bothered to explain more but I will show a comparison of the old and new chambers when its done. I have some other stuff to do tomorrow morning but i am hoping to have the second chamber finished tomorrow. I am going away for a few days on the 29th and 30th coming back the 1st so am hoping to write some of the test stand software while i cant do any building.
I managed to track down and identify the fitting on the nitrous bottle. Its a type 30 fitting which is an australian standard fitting. The whole australian system for fittings is quite silly as it seems to be a zoo of America and British threads and sizes. I will call gascon systems to get an adapter to 1/4" BSP tomorrow. The wireless parts also came today and I might try getting them going when I go away.